Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just another thing I wrote about the battle with depression

I suffer from depression and anxiety. I was bullied and teased everyday for being fat and ugly. I was told some horrible things and I believed in them everyday of my life from the second I woke up to the moment I went to sleep. Most nights I cried myself to sleep and in middle school I began to self-harm myself until some of my brave brave friends got me help. I have never thought about suicide because I know the devastating effects it would have on my entire family and my friends. But for those who do. I beg you to stick with me. To fight with me. Because believe me I know you’re pain. I know the heartache and I know deep darkness that surrounds you and makes you feel alone. But the thing is, is it just makes you. You can fight it you’re so much better than the darkness and the bullies that tease you. Stay with me. Fight with me. Life is so worth living for. Cause you know what? Two years later, after finally leaving high school, I have accepted my beauty. I am beautiful and I may be overweight or plus-size or whatever you wanna call me but I am beautiful. And this depression nags on me every day of my life and this darkness threatens my existence every day of my life. But I will fight it, and I will live because I have friends and family and beautiful dog worth living for. I have amazing dreams in store for my life and I actually love my school at the moment. I’m on the Dean’s list and I’m dancing and I’m writing and I’m doing everything it takes to be me and nobody else and it’s amazing. I’m making my own independent thoughts and it’s amazing. So stay with me, because I fucking feel you. Life sucks and it’s hard but don’t give up on it. Don’t give up on it. It gets better and I know you want it to be better right now but it takes time and you have to try and fight your way out of the darkness for it to begin but there are people that can help and there are people that want to say they love you. Like me, I love you. And I’m always here, it’s what I do. Mama Cass and all, that’s what they call me. So stay with me, fight with me. This battle is a tough one, but we’re soldiers you and me. And some say we’re weak but I think we’re the strongest of our kind. Because they don’t know what it’s like to live this way and still be here in the morning. They don’t know what it’s like to battle darkness everyday and survive. Fight. Stay. Live. Love. Laugh. And promise me to never give up. It will get better.
With all my love,
Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment